Since the Students' Union is independent from the University, we are uniquely placed to offer students with confidential and impartial advice about any concerns relating to their academic experience.
Our Advice Service can help students to understand and navigate university policies and procedures, so that they are supported during their studies, including what to do if:
- You experience difficulties during assessment time; exploring the options of requesting extensions or applying for Exceptional Circumstances.
- You want to request for a review of an assessment decision by submitting an academic appeal.
- If you sat or submitted an assessment but what to claim exemption from the university's fit to sit policy.
- You have had a negative experience and want to raise a complaint.
- You have received an allegation of academic misconduct.
- You have concerns about your academic experience and don't know what to do.
You can learn more about how we support students, and how easy it is to get in touch with our team of professional Academic & Welfare Advisers on our webpages on the Students' Union website.
Or you can click here to request an appointment. You can chat to a member of the team by phone, email or in person.
Advice & Support Centre
Monday to Friday: 10 am - 4 pm