Hertfordshire Students' Union is independent from the University, and our Advice Team are uniquely placed to offer students with confidential and impartial advice about any concerns relating to their academic and non-academic experience.
We can provide advice about:
- How to understand and navigate university policies and procedures; such as academic appeals, academic misconduct investigations and student complaints.
- How to navigate issues with housing; such as mediating disagreements between housemates or rectifying disputes with Landlords or Lettings Agents.
- Budgeting, financial wellbeing skills and much more!
We also offer the following services:
- Advisers can attend university meetings or hearings (regarding academic/non-academic misconduct or complaints) with students in a supportive capacity.
- Free chlamydia/gonorrhoea dual testing kits, condoms and pregnancy tests are available from our offices (self-service).
- You can report hate crimes or incidents through our services as we are a third-party hate crime reporting centre.
You can learn more about how we support students, and how easy it is to get in touch with our team of professional Academic & Welfare Advisers on our webpages on the Students' Union website.
Or you can click here to request an appointment. You can chat to a member of the team by phone, email or in person.
Advice & Support Centre
Monday to Friday: 10 am - 4 pm