The University subscribes to the Box of Broadcasts (BoB) provided by the British Universities Film & Video Council (BUFVC). This is a useful service for online viewing of broadcast programmes.
Through BoB, all UK-based UH staff and students can request recordings of TV and Radio programmes broadcast.
BoB stores recorded TV and Radio programmes in an archive for all users to enjoy.
This growing archive currently offers thousands of programmes covering all genres.
BoB also allows you to create playlists of programmes, or clips of programmes, which you can share with staff and students. Staff may also wish to embed links into their modules.
Logging in for UH users of BoB
- Go to BoB
- Click Log in
- Click Log in using your University of Hertfordshire account.
- BoB is easy to use. There are also clear guides and videos in BoB’s Help pages
- You must use a recent edition of your browser - see BoB’s Help pages.
- To create your own identity within BoB, go to My Bob (where you can store favourites, playlists and clips)
- In Preferences, please enter your UH email address
- To embed a video/clip into your module or Powerpoint - see How to use Bob.
- Academics - see the Guided Learner Journey page on how to use BoB in your teaching.