Skip to main content

Eligibility to Study Abroad


The opportunity to study abroad is open to the majority of UH undergraduate full-time students, including international students. It is also open to part-time students, but only on a full-time basis.


Some of our partner universities may ask students whose first language is not English to provide evidence of their competence in English.
Partners asking for proficiency in European languages may refer to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Common European Framework


Participation is also subject to there being sufficient places available at partner universities and suitable programmes and modules on offer. If demand for places at a particular partner cannot be met, students will be selected on their academic current and previous performance at UH.

Academic performance:

You must pass sufficient modules for progression to be allowed to take a period of study abroad, and in some schools you may need to achieve certain grades to be allowed to study abroad. You are advised to check with your School Erasmus/Study Abroad
Coordinator what the requirements are in your particular case. A list of coordinators can be found on the last two pages of the handbook, on Canvas.

You are  advised NOT to book flights  or apply for Visas until  you know you have satisfied academic and school requirements, including the outcome of any referred assessments, and that the school has confirmed you can go. 

You must complete all documents required including a  learning agreement, duly approved by both UH and the partner institution.