Please ensure that you read through the UFAF Appeals Procedure before contacting Student Funding and Financial Support.
- If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your application to UFAF/Summer Fund you are required to complete stage 1 of the appeals process. To do this you must email firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 working days of the date the decision email was sent. The email must explain why you wish to appeal and contain any additional evidence to demonstrate
- The Student Funding and Financial Support team will respond to arrange a meeting (face to face or online) to explain the outcome of your application, and if applicable, take your additional evidence into consideration
- If you are still dissatisfied with the decision following stage 1 of the appeals procedure, then a stage 2 appeal can be made to the Dean of Students. This must be made within 10 working days of recieving your stage 1 outcome. Appeals submitted outside of this time frame will not be accepted
- In order to appeal to the Dean of Students, you will need to download, and complete the UFAF Appeal Form, and email it to email@example.com within the required timeframe
The appeal must include a clear explanation of the grounds for the appeal and be backed by relevant evidence. The grounds for appeal are limited to:
- That there is evidence that was not considered by the assessor and that there is good reason as to why this evidence was not presented at the time of the initial assessment
- That there is evidence of an administrative error or procedural irregularity in the initial assessment
- That there is evidence of unfairness or impropriety on the part of one or more members of the Student Funding and Financial Support team at the time of the assessment.
Student Funding and Financial Support will forward the appeal to the Dean of Students, who will consider the grounds of appeal and consult with the relevant members of the Student Funding and Financial Support team
- The decision of the Dean of Students will be communicated in writing and will be final
- If you require further clarification, please contact us using the information below