Hertfordshire Law Clinic offers FREE one-off legal advice to students and the University (as well as staff and members of the public). We cover family, employment, housing, consumer/contract, property, asylum and commercial/intellectual property.
Hertfordshire law students are trained to work in the clinic. They will interview clients; draft documents; and carry out research - all under the supervision of qualified lawyers.
You will either get verbal advice from a lawyer, confirmed in an Attendance Note, or written advice set out in a formal Letter.
All appointments are online using Zoom.
If you want to find out if we can help you please contact the Law Clinic on +44(0)1707 284115 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We deal with a wide range of cases, and some common examples are:-
- how to deal with a dispute over children
- how to divide monies and property on divorce or separation
- what claim you have against an employer if they sack you or disriminate against you
- how to protect an invention or design when you start up a new business
- what to do if your landlord serves you with a notice to end your tenancy
- how to deal with a dispute over the boundary between you and your neighbour
- what to do if a product you buy is faulty and the seller refuses to give you a refund
AND LOTS MORE
There are some limitations to the service we provide, for example we cannot:-
- deal with a claim against the university
- draft a letter on your behalf
- consider lengthy documents
- represent you at a court or tribunal hearing
- draft a contract, statement or other document
BUT WE WILL ALWAYS TRY AND SIGNPOST YOU ELSEWHERE IF WE CANNOT ASSIST