Skip to main content

HIC refund/transfer policy

For HIC students who have an over payment on their accounts and wish to have the money returned to them or transferred across to the university. It explains our policy so you know which option is best for your situation.

Our Policy

Anti-money laundering rules in the UK require that any payment made to and confirmed as received by HIC, will only be refunded to the person who made the original payment in source country from where the payment originated.

Any small refunds of amounts up to £250 may be paid into a student's UK bank account where that student is still studying at HIC or the University of Hertfordshire. In the case of accommodation damage deposits (where HIC has held a deposit for the duration of the occupation of accommodation) this can be refunded to a student's UK bank account.

Any refunds which are over £250 will have a £50 admin fee. Or this overpayment can be transferred to your account with the university.

How to apply

Please complete the form below or come to HIC reception to fill out a refund/transfer form.

Contact Us


Hertfordshire International College

Today - Closed
Closed for bank holidays
HIC Building (HIBT on older maps), College Lane