The University of Hertfordshire works with employers to truly understand their recruitment needs and connect with talented and diverse Hertfordshire students through careers events, targeted advertising of job roles and recruitment activities that are tailored to your business. The award-winning team provide free-of-charge guidance and advice on graduate roles, placement schemes, internships, part-time positions and volunteering, to help employers bring the brightest talent into their business.
The Careers and Employment team will help employers to strengthen their team through apprenticeships, professional development and access to our pool of talented students and graduates for recruitment. Our dedicated team will work with employers to find the right strategy to ensure that their business and workforce thrives.
Want to recruit a UH student or graduate?
- Advertise on Handshake: https://herts.joinhandshake.co.uk/employer_registrations
- Contact the University's employer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org/call
- Contact the University's employer by phone: 01707 284791 (option 3).
Advertising a job for University of Hertfordshire students and graduates
Advertising a role is quick, easy and free through our careers platform, Handshake. Employers can set up a profile and customise it with their corporate branding and any additional content that may help reach suitable candidates. Handshake can also target candidates that have the skills and experience required for the roles employers are looking to recruit for.
We offer specialist support to SMEs to help with their recruitment activity. This includes access to a free toolkit that is full of handy hints and tips on how SMEs can recruit students and graduates to support their organisation, as well as dedicated support from our team.
We run a range of events to connect our students and graduates with employers. Events are an excellent way to raise an organisations brand and talent spot future hires. Due to the pandemic and current restrictions, we’ve moved our activities online so employers can still engage virtually. Get involved through:
- Careers fairs
- Our multi-award winning Assessment Centre Experience days
- Themed weeks, employer presentation sessions and skills workshops for a targeted student audience, delivered via video conferencing
- Take over our Instagram account and host live question and answer sessions with our students
- Employer assessed projects and competitions that set challenges for our students, developed as part of a student’s assessment or as an extra-curricular activity.
Find out more about our employer events.
Alongside our core events, we will work with you to create bespoke and targeted activities that suit your recruitment needs. This includes takeovers of our Instagram account, employer presentation sessions and employer assessed projects.
Contact the University of Hertfordshire's Employer Team
Employers can find out more about Hertfordshire can support them with their recruitment goals by visiting the University of Hertfordshire's website:
- Recruit our students: herts.ac.uk/enterprise-zone/strengthen-your-team/recruit-our-students
- Strengthen your team: herts.ac.uk/enterprise-zone/strengthen-your-team
- Apprenticeships: herts.ac.uk/enterprise-zone/strengthen-your-team/apprenticeships
- Professional development: herts.ac.uk/enterprise-zone/strengthen-your-team/professional-development
If you have questions about any of the recruitment services the University offer, including our tailored solutions, please email email@example.com