Skip to main content

International Students: Change of Circumstances

If you are an international student, you must tell UKVI of any changes in your circumstances.

It is your responsibility to inform the UK Visas & Immigration Service (UKVI) of any changes to your personal details. When you applied for your visa in your home country, you may have used the University's address or a temporary address as your UK address. You must report your new UK address once you have permanent accommodation to the Home Office and the University. 

Type of change:

  • Name
  • Gender
  • Passport
  • Term time address
  • Mobile phone number
  • Nationality
  • Marital status
  • Place of study
  • Criminal convictions
  • Other relevant changes

You must complete a Change of Circumstances form on the UKVI website

Remember to also update your personal details on your Student Record

For practical purposes, we advise that you also inform your bank, your doctor's surgery, your insurance companies and your driving licence issuer (and also, if you own a vehicle in the UK, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Source: Good Practice - Report changes of circumstances UKCISA - international student advice and guidance - Protecting your Student status

You also have a responsibility to ensure that you comply with the conditions of your Student Visa. You must notify the University of Hertfordshire immediately if you change your immigration status/visa.

Contact Us

Student Immigration Team (Advice)

Student Immigration Team (Advice & Compliance)

Today - Closed
Wednesday at DeHav Hub
Ask Herts (Hutton Hub), College Lane