What are credibility interviews?
- Credibility interviews are part of the visa application process
- The purpose of the interview is to ascertain that a student's intentions to study in the UK are genuine
Who will be interviewed?
- Anyone who has applied for permission to remain as a Student
How will you be informed if you have an interview?
- You will always be notified in writing via email and letter in advance of an interview taking place
- You must confirm with the Home Office you will attend the interview
- If you are unable to attend the date of your interview you must contact the Interview Hub immediately
- Failure to attend your interview will result in your visa being refused
- The Home Office will never ask for any payments over the telephone and you should not give out your credit card details.
- If you are unsure about a letter or telephone call which you have received, please come and speak to a Student Immigration Adviser
What questions will you be asked?
You may be asked questions about the following:
- Your course
- Your academic history
- Your future plans
- Your personal background
- Your finances
- You may be asked for additional details and/or to confirm your details. You should always answer honestly.
For more information about interviews with the Home Office and what you may be asked please see the University website