Our teams at the University have been keeping our campuses clean while we’ve been away. To understand what we are doing to enhance our cleaning regimes, and what you need to do when you return, read our cleaning information and guidance below:
The Universities daily cleaning takes place Monday to Friday. This regime includes all offices, communal spaces, and teaching spaces across the University. Since the COVID-19 outbreak an enhanced cleaning regime has already been implemented across the campus, with a focus on touchpoints, anything an individual hand can touch such as: door handles, stair rails, lift buttons, Bin lids, Hand dryers, Hand towel dispensers, Taps , Flushes, Access control points, Kitchen items (such as fridges, kettles, and microwaves), Water coolers, and water fountains , Keypad door entrance controls.
Alongside the daily cleaning regimes, the University has a team of janitors who also provide cleaning services throughout working hours. High contact areas such as reception areas and communal computer equipment will be wiped down regularly. If you have any questions, please contact the Estates Helpdesk on email@example.com, 01707 284019.
5 things you should know about cleaning at Herts
- The entire campus is cleaned once a day (between Monday to Friday 4am to 8am) with a strong focus on ensuring that all touchpoints are cleaned.
- Increased Janitorial cover during the day will be provided throughout all University buildings to ensure touchpoints and all toilets are cleaned regularly
- Signage will be placed across the University at key points to remind the community to follow the social distancing and hygiene standards.
- Expectations need to be managed, not all touch points can be cleaned after every interaction and that hand washing still remains the most effective barrier to COVID-19.
- Individuals (staff and students) are expected to be responsible for their own personal hygiene, such as hand washing, cleaning personal equipment before and after use, and following government guidance.