Skip to main content

Accommodation References

If your landlord requires a reference for your University Accommodation:

Firstly please ensure that you e-mail and provide your permission for the reference to be released.

Secondly the tenant referencing service, or landlord, will then also need to contact us via

References will only be completed if you are up to date with any accommodation payments. If there is an outstanding balance we will contact you to let you know. This will then need to be resolved before a reference can be completed.

We will complete any reference as quickly as we are able to, but please be aware that a reference can take up to five working days to complete.

If you are using a tenant referencing service such as Van Mildert please ensure that you fill out all details correctly such as your room and flat numbers, the correct hall of residence and provide them with the e-mail address to contact, otherwise this may delay your request.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.                                              

Contact Us

Residence Life Team

Office of the Dean of Students

Today 08:30 - 17:00
Outside of office hours, in an emergency please contact Security (01707 281010 internal 1010)
B440 , College Lane
Today 08.30 - 17.00
Residential Services Office , De Havilland Campus