A number of sexual health services are available on-campus and beyond!
You can access the following sexual health services on-campus:
- Free condoms are available from both Herts SU Welcome Desks; the Welcome Desk on College Lane is open weekdays (10:00-16:00), as is the Welcome Desk on De Havilland Campus (term-time only).
- Chlamydia / Gonorrhoea self-testing kits are available from both Herts SU Welcome Desks and at the Oval (College Lane). You can help yourselves to these!
- Free pregnancy testing kits are available upon request from a member of the Advice & Support team. Please ask us if you need one.
You can also access the following sexual health services locally or online:
- Hatfield Sexual Health Clinic (Queensway) is located in Hatfield Town Centre and can be accessed for sexual health testing, all forms of contraception, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing and PEP. Different services are available at different times, so it is worth checking the clinic timetable before attending. You can call Hatfield Sexual Health Clinic via 0300 008 5522.
- The emergency contraceptive pill, STI self-testing kits and some sexual health treatments can be ordered online for free from SH24.
- Explore the available contraception options via the interactive SH24 Contraception Comparison Tool online.
- For pregnancy choices support, advice and information you can contact MSI (Helpline: 0345 300 8090) or the British Pregnancy Advisory Service - BPAS (Helpline: 03457 30 40 30).
- Visit your GP for information about long acting reversible contraception (such as the implant or coil).
- Visit your GP or Practice Nurse for core contraceptive services (such as the pill, barrier & injectable method).
- Visit your local pharmacy for emergency hormonal contraception. Free emergency contraception for under 25s is available from select pharmacies - use this interactive map to see where in Hertfordshire.
For free, friendly and confidential advice about sexual health matters you can call Sexual Health Hertfordshire on 0300 008 5522 from 09:00-20:00, Monday to Friday or 09:00-13:00 on Saturday.
If you're still not sure what to do, or have further questions, you can always get in touch with Hertfordshire Students' Union Advice & Support via e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.hertssu.com/advice.