Applications are open for 2022/23 and you must apply by 24 June 2022 to have your funding in place at the start of term. To apply for 22/23 funding, log into your online student finance account
Do I need to reapply for Student Finance?
- If you wish to apply using a means-tested application (income assessed) you must reapply for Student Finance for every year that you wish to receive it
- If you had a non means-tested (not income assessed) application in 21/22, you should contact SFE on 0300 100 0607 to check whether you are required to submit a new application for 22/23, or whether your information will be automatically rolled over
What do I put on my application?
- Unless you have officially transferred courses, you should ensure that your course details on your 22/23 application match exactly with those on your 2021 application. You can check this in your online account
- If you are studying an extended degree and you are progressing from your foundation year onto year one of your degree level course, you should continue to apply for funding against the same UCAS code as the one on your 21/22 application. This will ensure that your funding entitlement is calculated correctly
- If you are progressing into your final year, but your original plans were to undertake a study abroad or work placement year, please ensure you amend your course details to the without placement year option when applying got funding. Failing to do this will mean you cannot request a tuition fee loan
Will my application be processed automatically if I am a returning student?
- All student finance applications take 6-8 weeks to be processed. You can track the progress of your application by logging into your online student finance account
- If SFE request any supporting evidence from you, you must send it straight away as your application will not be assessed without it
- Once the status of your application shows as 'Approved' or 'Payments Sechduled' your application has been assessed
- Until your application status shows as 'Approved' or 'Payments Scheduled' you will not receive your maintenance support from SFE and your tuition fee loan cannot be released
Do I need to do anything once the application is approved?
- If completing a paper application form, you must sign and return your declaration to SFE. Without this, your Student Finance will not be paid
For further information on when you will receive your maintenance loan/grant, please see: Funding from Student Finance England (SFE): When will I get my money?
If you have any questions regarding the course that you should be applying for funding against, please contact us
If you have any queries regarding the status of your application, please contact SFE on 0300 100 0607