The role of the Community Student Support Officer (Dean of Students Office) is to:
- Support students living off campus and provide advice & guidance for issues that may arise.
- Signpost students to relevant services or agencies where appropriate.
- Investigate alleged student breaches to the Code of Conduct, in line with the 'Student Discipline' procedure.
- Act as the first point of contact for residents of the local community who wish to discuss issues or concerns relating to student behaviour.
- Work closely with local statutory bodies such as the council, police and fire brigade.
If you would like to discuss an issue or concern whilst renting privately, please contact the Community Student Support Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 284096.
International Student Support Officer
The International Student Support Officer (ISSO) is a member of staff within the Dean of Students Office. They are responsible for the wellbeing of all students, through the planning and provision of a planned 52 week activity and events schedule, alongside promoting key campaigns geared towards overall student wellbeing.
The ISSO is also responsible for the planning, organisation and implementation of all orientation activities for students, especially students travelling from overseas. They are the key co-ordinator for liaising with all departments and Schools to promote a sense of community on and off campus.
The ISSO supervises a team of Student Guides, who help deliver a range of support services, including an airport collection service at the Start of Term, an Orientation programme for all students, and ongoing activities, trips and events throughout the academic year.
The ISSO reports to the Deputy Student Support Manager, and assists with welfare and administrative duties where necessary within the Dean of Students Office.
You can contact the International Student Support Officer via email@example.com.