Student Panel is open to all students for this semester.
If you've already registered, no need to do it again. We have your information, and you'll automatically receive the surveys.
Please register here:
Do you want to help create positive change at the University?
Join the student voice panel, where your opinions count, and together, we will reshape your university experience!
As a student voice panelist, you will not only have the chance to give your opinion on a range of topics, but you will also have the opportunity to win some amazing prizes! Every time you complete a survey or participate in an activity through our panel, you'll earn your ticket to the end-of-term super prize worth £500! During the last terms, we handed out Amazon, Aldi, Love2Shop vouchers, Amazon Kindle, and even a Nespresso coffee machine to lucky participants! To find out which prizes we'll be giving out this term, keep reading...
What happens when I sign up?
As a student voice panelist, you will be invited to participate in different activities conducted throughout the term. All activities will be in the context of giving feedback such as through quick polls and surveys. It's entirely up to you whether you take part in each activity.
Our prizes for this January - March term are:
1x Lenovo Tab M9 Android tablet worth £109 from Amazon
4x £50 Amazon Voucher
3x £50 Groceries Voucher (Aldi OR Sainsbury's OR ASDA)
Each time you choose to participate in an activity your student ID will be added to the termly prize draw pot (terms and conditions apply). The more surveys and activities you do, the more chance you have of winning the end-of-term prize. You will only be able to take part in each activity once.
Some activities will not be included in the prize draw or may have separate prizes, which will be made clear before you participate. Winners of the prizes will be announced to the whole student panel community.
Why should I join?
In addition to helping the University of Hertfordshire improve and be innovative, the student voice panel is a great way to earn a little extra. The student voice panel has been part of several projects since it started in 2022. Here are a few examples:
Student Priorities - We surveyed panel members to reveal crucial areas for university improvement, shaping impactful changes.
Helped with Part-time Work Policies – Our panel was used to shape briefing notes for VCE Members while conducting media interviews.
Enhanced Lifestyle - Teaming up with Hertfordshire Sports Village, we gathered insights on HertSquad programmes from our panel participants. Following this the team has implemented a number of positive changes including using a variety of areas across both campuses to help with accessibility, adapting the pricing structure, and increased promotion of the activities available.
Accommodation Preferences – We asked our members about student preferences in terms of the accommodation they choose to live in, whilst studying at Herts.
Student Wellbeing – Our focus on community wellbeing led us to ask panelists about University support and wellbeing requirements ensuring a healthier, more supportive campus environment.
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. The Prize Draw is open only to registered students of the University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation (“University of Hertfordshire”) who have consented to be part of the 'Student Voice Panel'.
2. Employees or partner agencies of the University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation who are not students of the university may not enter the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions. The University of Hertfordshire reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
4. To enter the Prize Draw you must have completed at least one Student Panel-related activity or survey. Completion of surveys or activity that is not associated with the Student Voice Panel is not valid. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Student Voice" in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per activity will be accepted for each student.
6. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
7. University of Hertfordshire accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected, or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by the University of Hertfordshire.
8. The opening date for entries is 00:01 on 10 January 2024. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 15 March 2024. Entries received outside this period will not be accepted
9. There are a total of eight prizes:
- 1* Lenovo Tab M9 Android tablet worth £109 from Amazon
- 4* £50 Amazon Voucher
- 3* £50 Groceries Voucher (Aldi OR Sainsbury's OR ASDA)
10. One winner will be chosen for each prize from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place by 22 March 2024. Three (3) winners will be selected to receive a £50 Groceries Voucher each, redeemable at Aldi, Sainsbury's, or ASDA, as chosen by the participant.
11. The winner will be notified by email on, after, or before 22 March 2024 and must acknowledge receipt of the email to claim their prizes. If a winner does not respond to the University of Hertfordshire within 14 days of being notified, then the winner's prizes will be forfeited, and the University of Hertfordshire shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, their prize will be forfeited, and the University of Hertfordshire shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and not redeemable for cash or other prizes
12. Any physical prize must be collected in person by the winner from the MacLaurin Building in De Haviland Campus within 10 working days of acknowledging the receipt of the email. The prize cannot be shipped or delivered to the winner's address. Vouchers will be delivered to their registered email address once the recipient has acknowledged receipt of the winner notification email. In case of a university holiday or closure (Christmas etc.) the agreed pick-up time can exceed the 10 working days period.
13. The winner must present a valid Student ID Card or government-issued identification document (such as a driver's license, passport, or national ID card) upon prize collection. The name on the identification document must match the name provided during entry.
14. In cases where the winner is unable to collect the prize in person, they may nominate an authorized representative to collect the prize on their behalf.
15. Once the prize is collected, the winner assumes full responsibility for the prize. The University shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, or theft of the prize after it has been collected.
16. The University of Hertfordshire must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the University of Hertfordshire will send the surname and county of prize winners to anyone who emails email@example.com.
17. The University of Hertfordshire reserves the right to publish the names and images (taken when receiving the prize in person) of the prize draw winners to all other students registered on the Student Voice Panel.
18. University of Hertfordshire retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value.
20. University of Hertfordshire disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in the Prize Draw.
21. University of Hertfordshire reserves the right at any time and from time to time to cancel, suspend, modify, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud) or where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. The decision of the University of Hertfordshire in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. Promoter: University of Hertfordshire Higher Education Corporation, a higher education corporation created by the Education Reform Act 1988 and the Further and Higher Education Act 1992, whose principal place of business is at College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB, UK
The data generated from this will be held by the University of Hertfordshire’s Marketing and Communications team. The feedback and information you provide will be kept strictly confidential and you will not be identifiable in any report that is shared with colleagues in the wider University unless otherwise agreed.
Should you choose to withdraw from the student panel at any point, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to 10 working days to remove your record and stop any further communication associated with the Student Voice Panel. Please see the University Privacy Statement for more information on how your data is used: https://www.herts.ac.uk/about-us/legal/privacy
The Insight Team will hold your personal data until the point of graduation or withdrawal from the University, at which point it will be deleted.
If you have any questions about the Panel or the use of your data please email email@example.com