Before making your decision
It is important that you get the advice and support you need when making the decision to transfer to or restart on a different course. If you are considering transferring please discuss your options and seek guidance from the following:
- Your current Programme Leader
- The Programme Leader for the course you are considering transferring to
- The Student Finance team, in case transferring to or restarting on a new course will impact on your funding. This is particularly important if you are EU Student so you can check whether a transfer or restart will affect your funding eligibility
- International students studying on a Tier 4/Student Visa visa should also seek advice from the Student Immigration Team - Advice as transferring courses could affect your visa
If you wish to proceed
In order to request a course transfer you will need to sucessfully complete a Transfer Request form by:
- Filling out sections 1, 2, & 3.
- Asking your current Programme Leader to fill out and sign section 4a.
- Asking your new Programme Leader to fill out and sign section 4b.
- International students studying on a Tier 4/Student visa will also need to:
- Complete a course transfer justification statement and attach it to the form.
- Tier 4 /Student Route students should also read the information on Ask Herts regarding future visa applications.
5. Send the completed form and any attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org so that your transfer can be processed.
Need more help?
If you need more guidance or advice, contact the Ask Herts team who are here to help.