If you are a new student, you will receive an email with details of your University username and how to log into our University systems.
- You will normally need to enter your username in the format: email@example.com
- You can use your personal University username and password for all University online services. Keep it confidential and safe!
- You will keep the same username throughout your studies with us.
The University will never ask you for your password. You should never give it out to anyone.
Update your password
Forgotten your password?
Forgotten your username?
Get a reminder of your username.
Need to update your email address?
Protecting your University login account with multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- All students are required to use MFA and you will need to set up an authentication method (normally your mobile phone) as part of your user account setup process.
- Just follow the prompts on the screen when next logging into a University system.
- Find out more about multi-factor authentication.
If we notice anything suspicious with your university account, we will promptly reset your password to protect your account. If you do not have Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled, your account will be disabled. You will need to contact our helpdesk to reinstate your account.
Remember, you can change your password anytime by going to pss.herts.ac.uk
When does my University online account expire?
Your University login account will be closed six months after the leaving date listed in your Student Record. Once your account is closed, we are unable to recover any saved work and emails.
Please see After successfully completing your course and refer to 3) Your University login, learning resources, and saving files.