Apply for accommodation through the online accommodation portal.
Through the portal you can:
- Preview our accommodation
- Make an application
- Review and accept your offer of a room
- Pay your accommodation deposit and setup a plan to pay your accommodation fees
- Make a request to move rooms
- Make a request to leave early
How to apply
- Create an account and login to the accommodation portal
- Follow the steps to apply for accommodation
- We will hold your application until we have confirmed you have an unconditional offer to study at the university
- We will email you an offer of accommodation - login to the portal to see it.
- You have 10 calendar days to accept the offer, otherwise the room offered to another applicant
- To accept the offer, you are required to confirm your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions, pay the accommodation deposit and setup a payment plan
- You have accepted your offer - we will contact you close to the start of your booking with further instructions
Applications for accommodation in the 2022/23 academic year for Intermediate and final year students are open. University managed accommodation for continuing students will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Once we have allocated all available rooms, applications will be rejected.
Accommodation FAQs for Research Students
When can you make an application for accommodation at the University?
Once you have received your Student ID number and have a Conditional or Unconditional
offer of study you can apply for accommodation
How do you apply?
You can make your application at https://www.residences.herts.ac.uk/
Once you have created an account please apply as a Postgraduate applicant so that we
can try and house you with other mature students.
When will I receive an offer of accommodation?
You will not receive an offer of accommodation until you have an Unconditional Firm offer of
What happens once I receive an offer?
Once you receive an offer you have 7 days in which to accept, pay a £150 deposit and set
up a payment plan. If you do not complete all three of these within the 7 days, your offer will
If you are a part time student, your application will not be dealt with until all full-time
applicants are housed as per the Allocations Policy. It is unlikely you will hear from us until
PLEASE NOTE: If you receive a salary from the University of Hertfordshire, or do not have a
Student ID number we will not be able to house you, but if you email
email@example.com we will be able to send you a list of short term local
accommodation which may be of help to you whilst you source private accommodation.