Skip to main content

Applying for a Disabled Students' Allowance

Student Wellbeing's disability or mental health teams can help you to apply for a Disabled Students' Allowance while you are at University

Disabled Students' Allowance

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:

  • disability
  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia

To find out more about this click on the following link for:

SFE Funded courses


Disability and Mental Wellbeing Advisers 

  • are able to advise you on how to apply for a Disabled Students' Allowance
  • advise you how to get the correct evidence you will need to provide with your application
  • discuss support you may need across your studies at University

Not all students will be entitled to apply for a Disabled Students' Allowance, however the Adviser can discuss the impact of your disability on your studies and any support you may require.

They can complete a Study Needs Agreement which will identify adjustments and recommendations which you may need during your studies.

Contact Student Wellbeing to make an appointment to meet with an Adviser

Contact Us

Student Wellbeing

Today 8.30 - 17:00
Student Wellbeing is closed at weekends and during holiday periods.
Hutton Hub, College Lane