Skip to main content

Placement eligibility

This article contains information on whether you are eligible to undertake a placement with your course.

Students from the below school disciplines have the option of completing a placement year. You must take this placement between your second and third year of study (applicable to undergraduates who have the optional sandwich year on their course).

Placements can also be taken as part of Postgraduate/Masters courses that have a sandwich placement incorporated into them.







Creative Arts


Computer Science



Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics




Life and Medical Sciences

Life and Medical Sciences

Physics, Astronomy, Mathematics

Law (LLM)

Computer Science


Public Health

Humanities (School of Creative Arts)


For other courses at UH, you are required to check with your Programme Tutor to ensure that you know your course requirements and you can take a placement year as part of your programme.  For masters courses with a sandwich placement year, please refer to your tutor/school with regards to eligibility for the placement, as well as the appropriate dates and deadlines.

For help finding a placement view the following article: Finding a placement.

Please check with your School about what course related activities you would need to do on your placement.

Please note that if you have outstanding fees with the University/a sanction for non-payment of fees, your placement may be unable to continue.  It is recommended that you make all the necessary fee payment arrangements in advance of your placement approval to avoid the delays related to this and the possibility that you may not be able to undertake your placement.



Contact Us

Careers and Employment

Today 09.00 - 17.00
The Careers and Employment Service is open to all of our current students and graduate for up to four years after their course ends. We offer daily video, phone, and in-person appointments with Careers Advisers. Appointments are available on both College Lane in the Hutton Hub and on de Havilland in the Enterprise Hub. Please find out more by visiting our website: Contact the Careers and Employment team instantly with Live Chat on the Careers and Employment website. To start a conversation with the team, visit the homepage and click the icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
LB416, College Lane