Skip to main content

Extra time and support for exams

If you have a disability or difficulty you may be entitled to adjustments in exams and assessments.

Your adjustments

The University are able to provide adjustments such as extra time, a quiet room, use of a computer to support you during your exams.  

Student Wellbeing will need to meet with you to fully discuss your needs and agree the adjustments you are entitled to. Once agreed we will produce a Study Needs Agreement (SNA).

Any adjustments must be agreed approximately 4 weeks before the start of the exams. .

More information can be found here for Study Needs Agreements (SNAs).

Setting up a Study Needs Agreement

You will need to contact the Student Wellbeing.

You will be asked about support you have had before, the support you need now and how you will access your studies and learning. From these discussions with your adviser and any history of need or evidence you provide, a Study Needs Agreement will be written, you will be able to decide what information you want to share with relevant staff across the University, and what adjustments you will need. 

Changing your Study Needs Agreement

You should contact your Disability or Mental Health Adviser to amend your Study Needs Agreement.

Contact Us

Student Wellbeing

Today 8.30 - 17:00
Student Wellbeing is closed at weekends and during holiday periods.
Hutton Hub, College Lane