Before you get here:
- You have submitted a full-time 2022/23 application for Student Finance (you must reapply each year)
- You have sent all supporting evidence/further information as requested by SFE
- You have logged into your online student finance account through the .gov website to check that the status of your application is showing as ‘Payment Scheduled’
- You have signed and returned your declaration to SFE (if completing a paper form)
- You have ensured that SFE are aware you are a University of Hertfordshire student
When you're here:
- You have completed all stages of registration and you are a fully registered student for the 22/23 academic year
- You have waited up to 5 working days since the start of term (26/09/2022) for payment to reach your account
- You have contacted SFE on 0300 100 0607 to check that you have provided them with everything required
If you are able to tick off all of the above steps and you have not yet received your maintenance loan, please ensure that you contact the Student Funding and Financial Support team as soon as possible.
As a new student, it is rare that your first maintenance loan payment will be paid to you on the date that is shown on your Notification of Entitlement (payment schedule) from SFE. This is because you must be a fully registered student and allow up to five working days from 26/09/2022 before you receive payment.