Skip to main content

Student Loans Company: Change of Circumstances (COC)

If you are funded by the Student Loans Company and your circumstances change, The University must inform Student Finance. Find out how to inform us of your change.

You will need to notify the Student Funding and Financial Support team if you:

  • Withdraw from your course
  • Change your course (transfer) - if you are changing university you will need to contact the relevant team at your new institution
  • Transfer from on campus study to a placement/study abroad year
  • Change your Study Abroad/Work Placement plans
  • Suspend your studies (rest)
  • Resume your studies (after suspending your studies)
  • Retake a year of your studies
  • Change your mode of study
  • Defer modules (also applies to split year)

How to notify us:

If any of the above applies to you, please email to request that a COC is sent to the SLC.

Have you withdrawn or suspended your studies?

  • You must complete the formal withdrawal process with your school of study before we are able to notify SLC that you are no longer in attendance
  • In order to avoid an overpayment in funding, you must also contact SFE (or relevant awarding body) to notify them that you are no longer in attendance. You are required to do this in addition to contacting the Student Funding and Financial Support team.  To notify the Student Funding and Financial Support team, please follow the relevent links below.

            Withdrawing From Your Course

           Going Dormant - Suspending Your Studies


Follow us on Twitter Like us on Facebook

Contact Us

Student Funding and Financial Support

Student Finance

Today 09:00 - 17:00
Offering guidance and support to our Student Loans Company (SLC) funded students.
Hutton Hub, College Lane
Today 09:00 - 17:00
Offering financial support to students, such as the Hardship Fund, Blackbullion and Money Management Workshops
Hutton Hub, College Lane