Library SkillUP is a series of online support materials to help save you time and get better grades.
Conveniently delivered via a Canvas module, content has been tested and endorsed by students and covers:
- Referencing – use references in your work, following the appropriate style guidelines to avoid plagiarism.
- Searching - search effectively across different sources to find relevant information for your assignments.
- Reading - learn some academic reading techniques to understand your subject and record what you have read.
- Evaluating - find out how to select quality information for your assignments and understand the differences between information sources.
- Writing - learn key academic writing techniques to help with structuring assignments.
Topics are presented in bite-size units and include interactive quizzes and videos and just like your course modules are easily accessible using any device via StudyNet or the Canvas app.
Go to go.herts.ac.uk/libraryskillup. Click ‘+Join this module’ to take advantage of the quizzes and reinforce your learning.
Online chat from 10am - 4pm weekdays to help with questions you might have.
You can come along to one of our Library SkillUp sessions in the Study Success Hubs in the LRCs or access support online. You can find out more about the programme and book appointments via the Library SkillUP module. Remember to set your notifications to receive announcements to keep up to date with library news and events.
Any questions? Talk to your Information Manager.
What do students say?
“I liked the mix of writing and videos, as well as the quizzes at the end of each topic”, Mansi Joshi, BEng Aerospace Engineering
“Very helpful for students struggling with referencing”, Fabienne Suhling, BA International Management
“Accessible to users even if they are typically deterred by blocks of information”, Anja Badri-Parker, BA Digital Media Design
Watch our YouTube video and find out more about what students are saying.