LinkedIn Learning is an e-learning tool available to University of Hertfordshire staff and students. It offers professional online resources covering subject disciplines such as Business, Creative and Technology as well as study skills and vocational skills such as critical thinking, project management, and leadership.
- What will I find?
- How do I get started?
- Making the most of LinkedIn Learning
- Developing your digital skills
- Do I need to connect my LinkedIn profile?
- Graduate access
- Where to get help
- Tell us what you think
What will I find?
- Something for everyone: thousands of expert-led video tutorials across a wide range of subjects to help you achieve your goals
- Just-in-time learning: bite-sized videos and searchable transcripts for immediate answers
- Personalised course recommendations
- Learning on the go: anytime, anywhere convenience with the LinkedIn Learning mobile app
- Certificates of course completion which you can display on your LinkedIn profile
How do I get started?
Log in at https://go.herts.ac.uk/LiL with your University email@example.com and password and follow the instructions to activate your LinkedIn Learning account. You can also access content on your mobile device via the LinkedIn Learning mobile app - go to your app store and search for LinkedIn Learning.
Making the most of LinkedIn Learning
Take a look at this handy how to video to help you make the most of using LinkedIn Learning.
Developing your digital skills
LinkedIn Learning offers a fantastic suite of videos and courses to help you to develop your digital skills.
After reflecting on your digital skills and identifying your priorities for development using the Herts Digital Learner Profile and/or Jisc Digital Discovery Tool you can use LinkedIn Learning to search and filter for videos and courses focused on particular digital skills, tools or software.
Do I need to connect my LinkedIn profile?
It’s up to you. If you choose to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your LinkedIn profile* you’ll be able to add skills and course certificates on your profile, ask questions to experts and receive personalised recommendations for your skills and position/job you have or would aspire to, as well as what’s trending on LinkedIn Learning based on LinkedIn data.
If you don’t have a profile yet, you can create one on the spot. If you’d prefer not to then you can simply create a separate Learning account when you first log in.
Please note that connecting your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile will affect the way you log in. If you log out of your LinkedIn session OR clear your browser history, then the next time you log in to LinkedIn Learning you will be prompted to sign in using your personal LinkedIn credentials NOT your University username and password.
*The University will only see your LinkedIn profile name, work title, photo and learning activity. We won’t have access to any other information from your LinkedIn profile i.e. connections, posts or job searches. For more details please Privacy Information for LinkedIn Learning Learners.
As a Herts graduate, you’ll get free exclusive access to LinkedIn Learning for up to 2 years after your course ends to help you gain new skills and advance your career. You will be invited to activate your LinkedIn Learning graduate account shortly after your graduation ceremony. If you have not received an email from LinkedIn Learning or need a new activation email sent, then please complete this request form. A member of the Careers and Employment Service will be in contact within 3 working days.
Where to get help?
- Problems logging in? Please contact the LCS Helpdesk on 01707 284678 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need additional guidance to make the most of LinkedIn Learning, please speak to a Student Technology Mentor or send an email to email@example.com.
- Problems using LinkedIn Learning? Please see LinkedIn Learning’s help and support pages at: https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning
Tell us what you think
We'd love to know what you think about LinkedIn Learning. Please send any thoughts and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.