LinkedIn Learning is an e-learning tool available to University of Hertfordshire staff and students. It offers professional online resources covering subject disciplines such as Business, Creative and Technology as well as study skills and vocational skills such as critical thinking, project management, and leadership.
- What will I find?
- How do I get started?
- Making the most of LinkedIn Learning
- Developing your digital skills
- Do I need to connect my LinkedIn profile?
- Graduate access
- Where to get help
- Tell us what you think
- Something for everyone: thousands of expert-led video tutorials across a wide range of subjects to help you achieve your goals
- Just-in-time learning: bite-sized videos and searchable transcripts for immediate answers
- Personalised course recommendations
- Learning on the go: anytime, anywhere convenience with the LinkedIn Learning mobile app
- Certificates of course completion which you can display on your LinkedIn profile
Log in at https://go.herts.ac.uk/LiL with your University firstname.lastname@example.org and password and follow the instructions to activate your LinkedIn Learning account. You can also access content on your mobile device via the LinkedIn Learning mobile app - go to your app store and search for LinkedIn Learning.
Take a look at this handy how to video to help you make the most of using LinkedIn Learning.
LinkedIn Learning offers a fantastic suite of videos and courses to help you to develop your digital skills.
After reflecting on your digital skills and identifying your priorities for development using the Herts Digital Learner Profile and/or Jisc Digital Discovery Tool you can use LinkedIn Learning to search and filter for videos and courses focused on particular digital skills, tools or software.
It’s up to you. If you choose to connect your LinkedIn Learning account to your LinkedIn profile* you’ll be able to add skills and course certificates on your profile, ask questions to experts and receive personalised recommendations for your skills and position/job you have or would aspire to, as well as what’s trending on LinkedIn Learning based on LinkedIn data.
If you don’t have a profile yet, you can create one on the spot. If you’d prefer not to then you can simply create a separate Learning account when you first log in.
Please note that connecting your LinkedIn Learning account to your personal LinkedIn profile will affect the way you log in. If you log out of your LinkedIn session OR clear your browser history, then the next time you log in to LinkedIn Learning you will be prompted to sign in using your personal LinkedIn credentials NOT your University username and password.
*The University will only see your LinkedIn profile name, work title, photo and learning activity. We won’t have access to any other information from your LinkedIn profile i.e. connections, posts or job searches. For more details please Privacy Information for LinkedIn Learning Learners.
Once you graduate from Herts you’ll get free, exclusive access to LinkedIn Learning for up to 2 years after your course ends to help you gain new skills and advance your career. For more information on alumni access please see https://www.herts.ac.uk/life/careers-and-recruitment/alumni/linkedin-learning
- Problems logging in? Please contact the LCS Helpdesk on 01707 284678 or email at email@example.com
- If you need additional guidance to make the most of LinkedIn Learning, please speak to a Student Technology Mentor or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Problems using LinkedIn Learning? Please see LinkedIn Learning’s help and support pages at: https://www.linkedin.com/help/learning
We'd love to know what you think about LinkedIn Learning. Please send any thoughts and feedback to email@example.com.