*NOTE - 09/05/2023* - Due to the volume of applications, this fund has now been CLOSED. Please allow additional time for applications to be processed.
Students undertaking paid placements will be able to receive £250 and those undertaking unpaid placements will be able to receive £500. These awards will be non-repayable and should be used to cover the costs placement related costs.
To apply you must meet all the following conditions:
• You are a current registered student at the University of Hertfordshire. Home, EU and overseas students are eligible for this fund.
• You are undertaking paid or unpaid work placement this academic year and you incur placement-related costs
• You are studying a course from the following schools: Health and Social Care (HSK), Life and Medical Science (LMS) or Social Sciences, Humanities and Education (SHE)
• You are a full-time undergraduate student or studying a full-time postgraduate course with undergraduate fees (£9,250) – this includes degree apprenticeship students
• You are undertaking a paid or unpaid work placement this academic year, and you incur costs as a result
• Those in receipt of funding from the NHS Learning Support Fund are not eligible for this fund. This is because these students can submit a Travel and Dual Accommodation (TDAE) claim
• Postgraduate students studying advanced placement courses are not eligible for this fund
• PGCE students who are salaried, or in receipt of funding through training bursaries or scholarships are not eligible for this fund
How to apply
To apply please register online via www.Blackbullion.com with your University of Hertfordshire student email address. Blackbullion is a financial wellbeing platform which can be used to develop learning of financial topics such as budgeting and investing. Full application method is outlined in the Placement Fund Criteria.
Should you require any assistance with your application, the Student Funding and Financial Support (SFFS) team offer one-to-one drop -in sessions. Further information can be found here.
You will be asked to provide supporting evidence in your application. It is a good idea to get these together before you begin your application.
You must provide the following:
- Evidence of work placement as an integral part of your course (including sandwich placements) that you have undertaken/are undertaking this academic year (2022/23)
Students not in receipt of a work placement contract or similar document should upload the evidence they have available.
HSK students may upload evidence from POW (Placements on the Web) or a confirmation email where applicable.
Contact will be made if further information is needed.
Please note that your application will not be assessed until you have provided all necessary evidence.
Dates and Deadlines
The deadline to apply for the fund for this academic year will be 16th June 2023.
(PLEASE NOTE THIS FUND IS NOW CLOSED - SEE MESSAGE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE)
It may take up to 4 working weeks for the assessment to be carried out after you have submitted all your evidence.
*NOTE - 09/05/2023* - Due to the volume of applications, please allow additional time for applications to be processed.
Receiving an award
If your application is successful, you will receive a £250 or £500 non-repayable award. The results of your assessment will be sent to your student email address. If you are successful, you will also be informed of the date when you will be paid.
Balance will be paid by BACS into your nominated bank account. An award will never be paid to a student in cash.
It is your responsibility to keep your bank information up to date and correct.
If they are not, you may have to wait longer to receive your award. If you are unsure whether the University has your correct bank details, you should check your student record or contact Place2Pay at email@example.com
Note: These terms and conditions are valid for the 2022/23 academic year