Thank you for completing Stage 1 Registration.
Please upload copies of your required documents to the Document Upload Portal. Please do this without delay.
Liability Date: Monday 4th October
The 1st liability date for newly registered students in Monday 4th October. More information can see seen on our Tuition Fees FAQ page.
You must upload the following in order for us to complete your registration remotely:
- Home students: your passport or birth certificate and driving licence. A copy of your passport or birth certificate with your original driving licence is accepted. You must meet the criteria for a British citizen to register using your Birth Certificate.
- EU/EEA students already living in the UK: your passport and decision under EU Settlement Scheme and your personal code.
- EU/EEA students entering UK for study: your passport (European Union identity card is also accepted) and student visa.
- International students: your passport and visa/Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)
Additional registration documents for nationals of Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United States of America
If you are a national from one of these countries, you must also upload one of the following documents to show your arrival date to the UK:
- Copy of flight details/booking itinerary showing your arrival date to UK
- Copy of a boarding pass for your flight arriving in the UK.
You will not be able to register without the correct Personal Identification.
- Your Student Finance England assessment/correspondence if you are expecting a student loan or Formal, written confirmation of funding if you are being sponsored by a private company. We require either a letter from your sponsor on headed paper or a completed and signed ‘Agreement to Sponsor’ form.
Stage 2 Registration
Stage 2 of your registration will be completed remotely by our Student Records & Enrolment Team. We will use the documents uploaded to our registration documents portal. There will be no further action required from you, unless we find required documents are missing or cannot be read on our systems.
Once satisfied that you have met both criteria of completing stage 1 and stage 2 registration your student record will be marked ready to register. The earliest you could become a fully registered student is 14 days prior to the start date of your course. Once you are a fully registered student of the University of Hertfordshire you will incur any applicable tuition fees in line with the University’s Fees and Finance Policy. The University will then notify Student Finance England (or the relevant awarding body) of your registration.
You can see your registration status in StudyNet, this should change from Self-Registered to Registered. If this is taking an unusually long time (more than a couple of days) please check that you have uploaded your documents and check that you do not have any emails requesting further documentation. If you think you should now be registered but your student record has not updated please contact email@example.com.
Need help or advice?
You can contact the Student Records and Enrolment team at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to contact us, please include your name and student ID number.
If you have a question about your course, please contact the Ask Herts Team.
If you have a disability, difficulty or additional need and you would like to discuss alternative options or support available for registration, please contact StudentWellbeing@herts.ac.uk.
We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Hertfordshire.