Skip to main content

Registration for online distance learning students

Information about registration for online distance learning students

Thank you for completing online registration.

Please email copies of your required documents to the Online Degrees Team email: . Please do this without delay.

Registration Checks

Your registration will be completed remotely by our UH Online Team.

We will use the documents you have emailed in. There will be no further action required from you, unless we find required documents are missing or they cannot be read on our systems. You do not need to log on to the Registration Portal.

Once satisfied that you have met both criteria for registration, your student record will be marked ready to register.  The earliest you could become a fully registered student is 14 days prior to the start date of your course. 

Once you are a fully registered student of the University of Hertfordshire you will incur any applicable tuition fees in line with the University’s Fees and Finance Policy.  The University will then notify Student Finance England (or the relevant awarding body) of your registration.

You can see your registration status in StudyNet, this should change from self-registered to registered.  If this is taking an unusually long time (more than a couple of days) please check that you have uploaded your documents and check that you have not received any emails requesting further documentation.  If you think you should now be registered but your student record has not updated please contact

Documents required

In order to become fully registered on your course, we will require you to have emailed all required documents to

You must upload the following in order for us to complete your registration remotely:

  • Home students: Your passport or birth certificate and driving licence. A copy of your passport or birth certificate with your original driving licence is accepted. You must meet the criteria for a British citizen to register using your birth certificate.

  • EU/EEA students already living in the UK: Your passport and decision under EU Settlement Scheme and your personal code.

  • EU/EEA students studying from your Home Country: Your passport (European Union identity card is also accepted.) 

  • International students studying from your Home Country: Your passport.

Need help or advice?

Contact the Online Degrees team on

We look forward to welcoming you on your course.