StudyNet offers 24/7 access to a wealth of online resources, such as your timetable, library resources, and University news, and provides a gateway to your modules and the University's online services.
From StudyNet's homepage, you can jump into Canvas, our learning environment. Canvas provides access to your modules, assessments, lecture recordings, and information about your Programme. For help and support with using your Canvas modules, including submitting assignments. Click the 'help' option within Canvas.
There is also a Canvas app you can download from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store that provides notifications about your course.
- New StudyNet
- Learn more about the new StudyNet (external link)
- Using new StudyNet with multiple accounts or on a computer you share with friends or family
- How to access old StudyNet
- I still have content on old StudyNet. When will it be shut down?
- I have a problem with the new StudyNet
- Accessing StudyNet agreements (SNAs) on StudyNet
Help with Canvas
On the 1st of August, we released a new and improved StudyNet portal built on new technology to provide you with a more personalised experience and user-friendly features to support your studies.
The url https://www.studynet.herts.ac.uk will now point to our new website.
www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk and www.studynet2.herts.ac.uk will continue to be available until the end of August.
Important: If you are a member of staff who is also a student or if you use a shared computer, for example, a computer you share with your family.
- The new StudyNet uses your Office 365 login which might be remembered between sessions.
- It is important you log out of your account (My Account -> Logout) and then shut down your web browser. Otherwise, Office 365 might remember your login details.
- If you have two University accounts. Always log out. If you have a non-UH Office 365 account and a UH Office 365 account, we recommend using separate web browsers for each Office 365 account or use 'Private Browsing' for one of the accounts. Alternatively, if your web browser supports multiple user profiles, create a UH profile and a person profile
The original StudyNet will be available for a short period of time. All teaching-related resources should now be on Canvas, but there may be some resources that have not yet been moved.
To help with the migration. We are leaving the old StudyNet servers available at:
If you have a StudyNet url that you would like to access. Add 1 after www.studynet in the url.
If there is a particular resource that you need and it doesn't appear to be available on Ask, HertsHub or Canvas. Please register on our StudyNet2 support website and let us know about the resource in the discussion forums.
We aim to shut old StudyNet off at the end of August. If you still have resources on StudyNet. Please move them to another platform. Canvas for learning resources, Ask for help and support and HertsHub for staff-only resources.
If you want to leave us some feedback. Please register on our StudyNet Support website and leave your feedback in the discussion forums.
If you have multiple Office 365 accounts. Please see the advice above about 'Using new StudyNet with multiple accounts or on a computer you share with friends or family'.
If you have a problem with the new StudyNet. Email the helpdesk with the title 'Issues with new StudyNet'. Explain the issue you are experiencing. Provide us with details of your login account and the web browser you are using.
Current Study Needs Agreements will remain available on 'old' StudyNet until the end of August, after which they will be available via a new SNA system. Please look out for further information in due course.
- Students and staff can continue to access current SNAs by going directly to www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk/go/mysna.
- Find out more about SNAs on AskHerts: Study Needs Agreement
- If you have any questions or need help accessing SNAs please contact the Helpdesk.
Help with Canvas
Your modules are updated automatically from your Student Record. If your module is missing in Canvas, check your Student Record to make sure you are registered on the module. If your Student Record is incorrect, please contact the Ask Herts service.
If you have a module listed on your Student Record that is missing from Canvas, please allow two working days for a link to appear. If a link is still missing, this is usually for one of two reasons:
- The module is a Semester B module and we have not yet created a website for it. Don't worry. We create Semester B modules nearer the start of Semester B.
- The other common reason is your module might be what is known as a 'linked module'. This is where the module runs under several different module codes on different programmes of study but timetabled together. Often the Module Leader will decide to link the modules together and teach you are one cohort. If you see a module with a similar title, that is not on your list on your Student Record. It most likely is a linked module. Check the module's homepage where your tutor hopefully will identify all the modules using the website.
Canvas uses your email address on your Student Record. If you make a change to your email address on your Student Record. You need to confirm the change in Canvas. To enable your new email address:
- Log into Canvas.
- Click on 'Account'
- Click on 'Settings'
- On the right-hand side of the page, if you see a '!' next to the email address. Click on the new email address and then follow the instructions to confirm your new address.