Skip to main content

Support for Dyslexia

Student Wellbeing - Disability can work with you to agree support and adjustments to help you manage your dyslexia during your studies

Dyslexia should not be a barrier to you succeeding in your studies. 

Disability Advisers

Disability Advisers are available to discuss your support needs.  If you have a disability it is strongly recommended that you make contact Student Wellbeing - Disability when you register at the University so we can put you in contact with a Disability Adviser.

An initial meeting with a Disability Adviser will help you to understand what support you may be entitled to and any additional evidence you may need to provide.

We deliver a blend of  face to face, online and telephone based services, so can accomodate your preferences.  

Students should self-refer into our service  by completing the self referral form and if you have any questions do contact us via: or call us on: 01707 284453

Study Needs Agreement

Your Disability Adviser will complete a Study Needs Agreement (SNA) for you, identifying the adjustments and support that will be made for you as a disabled student.

Find out more about Study Needs Agreements.

Specialist Tuition

Tuition can help you with structuring and planning essays and assignments, exam revision strategies, interpreting questions and feedback and planning your study time appropriately. Tuition is primarily awarded through your Disabled Students Allowance (DSA), however if you have a disability, but are not eligible for DSA funding we can look to providing support through other funding streams. .

Specialist Tuition will not do your work, proofread your work or provide academic content however you will be taught a number of new skills and strategies which will help you to improve your own work and achieve your potential.

Contact Us

Student Wellbeing

Today 8.30 - 17:00
Student Wellbeing is closed at weekends and during holiday periods.
Hutton Hub, College Lane