Skip to main content

Disability Support for International Students

International Students who have a disability can access the support of Student Wellbeing

Support for studying at University

Student Wellbeing  can offer you a tailored package of support, we can advise on adjustments which may help you during your studies

Declaring your Disability

Disability Advisers are available to meet with you to discuss your support needs.  You will need to provide evidence of your disability written in English.

Exam Adjustments

Many students are entitled to have adjustments during their exams. If you need adjustments for your exams it is essential that you speak to someone in Student Wellbeing Disability team to arrange this.  There are strict deadlines in place which are advertised on StudyNet.

Setting up a Study Needs Agreement

Study Needs Agreement is the University's way of sharing informaiotn about adjustments you are entitled to. You must have evidence which meets the criteria at the University if you want adjustments in your exams. You must make an appointment or visit a drop in to discuss this or you can fill in the Study Related Support form .

Changing your Study Needs Agreement

You should contact your Disability Adviser to amend your Study Needs Agreement.

Free 24/7 Helpline via Health Assured:

All UH students will have access to a free 24/7 helpline from Sept 2021.

If you need immediate wellbeing/emotional support,  financial, legal, non-urgent medical advice or grief support call: 0800 028 3766 and use Username: wellbeing,  Password: LakeMindCard1


Student should self-refer into our service here and if you have any questions do contact us via: or call us on: 01707 284453 

Contact Us

Student Wellbeing

Today - Closed
Student Wellbeing is closed at weekends and during holiday periods.
Hutton Hub, College Lane