If you find an ID card:
- Please hand it in to your nearest Ask Herts Hub - opening hours can be found here.
- If the Ask Herts Hubs are closed, you should either drop cards in the letterbox outside your nearest Hub or hand them in to Main Reception.
If your ID card is lost, stolen or damaged:
Lost or stolen ID cards should be reported to the Library and Computing Serivces at firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest opportunity to prevent others from using your card until you get a replacement.
You will need to obtain a replacement ID card from one of the Ask Herts Hubs.
Lost ID cards incur a £10 fine to replace:
- We accept major debit/credit cards and cash.
- Payments can also be made via the UH Online shop. Please bring proof of payment as you may be asked to show this when you collect your replacement ID card.
- We do not take any card details over the phone.
Stolen ID cards are free to replace provided that the incident has been reported to the police and you can provide a crime reference number.
Damaged ID cards are free to replace provided the most recent ID card is presented to us, however any card that is found to have been willfully damaged will incur a fine of £10.
We will notify you by email if your ID card is found and handed in to one of the Hubs.
Please note: An ID card cannot be sent to you - it has to be collected in person by the cardholder. You may be required to show another form of photo ID (e.g. driver's license or passport).
Virtual ID cards
This academic year the University is trialling something new - a virtual ID card.
Once you have completed stage 1 Registration, if you have already done so, Download the Herts Mobile App You will then see a link to the 'ID card'.
Please note that the virtual ID card is NOT a replacement for the physical card.
When on campus you still must have your physical ID card visible for security reasons and that the virtual card only proves you are a student. The virtual ID will allow you access to the LRCs but no other University buildings and facilities. The virtual ID is not accepted on Uno buses and you must have a physical card to claim student discount.