If you find an ID card:
- Please hand it in to your nearest Ask Herts Hub - opening hours can be found here.
- If the Ask Herts Hubs are closed please hand it in to Main Reception.
If your ID card is lost, stolen or damaged:
Lost or stolen ID cards should be reported to the Library and Computing Serivces at email@example.com at the earliest opportunity to prevent others from using your card until you get a replacement.
You will need to obtain a replacement ID card from one of the Ask Herts Hubs.
Lost ID cards incur a £10 cost to replace:
- We accept major debit/credit cards but are no longer able to accept cash payments.
- Payments can be made in Hutton Hub at the Place2Pay desk or via the UH Online shop. Please bring proof of payment as you may be asked to show this when you collect your replacement ID card.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to take any card details/payment over the phone.
Stolen ID cards are free to replace provided that the incident has been reported to the police and you can provide a crime reference number.
Damaged ID cards are free to replace provided the most recent ID card is presented to us, however any card that is found to have been willfully damaged will incur a fine of £10.
We will notify you by email if your ID card is found and handed in to one of the Hubs.
Please note: An ID card cannot be sent to you - it has to be collected in person by the cardholder. You will be required to show another form of photo ID when collecting an ID card (e.g. driver's license or passport).
Virtual ID cards
Once you have completed stage 1 Registration, you can Download the Herts Mobile App You will then see a link to the 'ID card'.
Please note that the virtual ID card is NOT a replacement for the physical card and this cannot be used to mark your attendance for lessons, scanned on attendance readers or used for exams.
When on campus you still must have your physical ID card visible for security reasons and that the virtual card only proves you are a student. The virtual ID will allow you access to the LRCs but no other University buildings and facilities. The virtual ID is accepted on Uno buses as a claim for student discount.