Registration document portal
PLEASE NOTE: When logging into the Document Portal you will need to use your UH LOGIN this is your email@example.com
Documents must only be a maximum size of 6MB’s and can only be PDF’s or JPEG’s
***For any enquiries relating to ID Card Photo upload issues, this is a known issue and will be corrected the first week of 2024. Please refer to: https://ask.herts.ac.uk/student-id-cards***
In order to register at the University of Hertfordshire you need to provide identification. Accepted forms of identification are:
Home students (UK National)
- Passport photo page - A passport is our preferred form of identification for all students.
- Birth certificate AND UK photo driving licence - If you are unable to provide a passport for any reason, we are also able to accept these forms of identification together. You must meet the criteria for a British citizen to register using your birth certificate.
We are unable to accept a driving licence on its own as a form of ID. You must provide a copy of either a passport or a birth certificate along with your driving licence.
EEA students (EEA National’s EU/Norway/ Liechtenstein /Iceland and Switzerland) who applied under the EU Settlement Scheme
- Passport photo page- A passport is our preferred form of identification for all students.
- EU Settlement Scheme information (if you are a resident in the UK) - Home office letter, personal share code or downloaded status and date of birth.
Without providing an accepted form of identification we will not be able to register you.
You may be asked to upload other documents to support your registration, this includes:
If your legal name is different to that in your passport, please include:
- Marriage certificate / Civil Partnership certificate
- Name change deeds (If changed by deed poll)
- Passport (If not already included above)
DBS & counter fraud checks
If your joining instructions have indicated your course requires a DBS and Counter Fraud check, please refer to the DBS Identification Documents Checklist attached to your joining instructions. This will contain information for additional documents required for DBS.