Skip to main content

What documents to bring to face to face registration

All students who hold a Student Route Visa (Biometric Residence Permit or Digital Visa) will receive instructions to book a registration slot. Below are the details of what documents you will need to bring with you to your booked registration session.

International students (Overseas) 

  • Passport photo page AND

Any of the following documents that you have available:

  • 90-day vignette (with UH arrival stamp) - To attend an appointment you must either have your BRP with you (and have picked it up already from your chosen Post Office) or it must be available to collect at your appointment. You will have recieved an email from the University, confirming that it has arrived and been booked in by a member of the Student Immigration Team.

  • Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)  - If you were born outside of the UK (even if you now have British nationality) you must provide a passport and relevant visa (if needed to be in the UK) in order to be registered.

  • Biometric Residence Permit collection letter if you have not collected your BRP Card yet and it is being delivered to UH.

  • If your BRP is being delivered to a POST OFFICE, please collect this before booking a registration appointment.

EU students (Overseas)

  • Passport photo page AND

Any of the following documents that you have available:

  • Your digital Student Route Visa

  • The email confirmation from the Home Office confirming the grant of your Student Route visa

Additional registration documents for nationals of EEA, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea or the United States of America

If you are a national from one of these countries, you must also upload a copy of one of the following documents to show your arrival date to the UK:

  • Evidence of UK arrival: (Port entry stamp for short term study students if you were given one, e-gate tickets, flight details, booking itinerary or flight details) showing your arrival date to UK
  • Copy of a boarding pass for your flight arriving in the UK.

Without providing an accepted form of identification we will not be able to register you.

Contact Us

Ask Hutton

Student Enquiries and Enrolment Team (SEET)

Today 10:00 - 16:00