Skip to main content

Medical Centre

The Medical Centre provide general medical and nursing services for students

Medical and Nursing services

Fully trained staff are available to offer help and advice for a number of reasons including:

  • Help and advice when you are unwell.
  • Health promotion advice e.g. diet, smoking and alcohol
  • Contraceptive services
  • Screening for Chlamydia
  • Advice if you are traveling abroad
  • Vaccinations

For information regarding practice policies and procedures please see our UH medical centre website


We strongly recommend that all students living away from home in Hatfield register with the University's Medical Centre, based in the Hutton Hub on College Lane. 

We can register and provide a full range of General Practice services to University of Hertfordshire students who live within Hatfield.

We may register at our discretion other full-time students who live at a Hertfordshire or Luton address and attend the UH Campus regularly, however the services provided will be restricted as below:

If living outside Hatfield we cannot provide Home Visits and there may be restrictions on urgent care/out of hours care.  Some other community services may not be available to you, including community mental health services, midwife appointments or physiotherapy.

For more information about registering with a GP outside of your local area, please visit the NHS website 

We would recommend the following groups do not register with us, but instead register with a GP local to where they live:

  • Pregnant women
  • Students with a significant mental illness, requiring community or secondary care support
  • Students with a family (particularly children under the age of 16)
  • Students who need to use community services (eg district nurses, health visitors)

If you haven't already registered, do this now.  Please do not wait until you are unwell to register. 

Speak to someone

  • Please call us on 01707 284444 or Come into the Medical Centre, Ground Floor, Hutton Hub, College Lane Campus
  • For urgent advice when the Medical Centre is closed call 111.
  • In an emergency please call 999.

Help with healthcare costs

If you are registered with the NHS you may be entitled to receive help meeting the cost of healthcare with the NHS Low Income Scheme.

International students

Find out more about Medical Services for International Students and find out more on the UH Medical Centre website.

Other Health and Wellbeing services on campus

The University offers a range of other services to help you with your health and wellbeing questions:

Contact Us

Medical Centre

Student Wellbeing

Today 09:00 - 17:00
Please call us to make an appointment to discuss your needs. Please do not visit the premises unless asked to do so; due to Covid-19 all queries are being dealt with over telephone and e-consultation.
Medical Centre, College Lane