Skip to main content

Supporting documents for your Student Visa application

Details of documents you need for your Student Visa application

 Everyone will need:

Your current, valid PASSPORT & previous passport(s) used to travel to, and remain in, the UK 
Correct APPLICATION FEE paid by credit/debit card online when you have completed your application
IHS Reference Number   You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge as part of your online visa application
PROOF OF FUNDS  If you have NOT been in the UK for the last 12 months before you submit your visa application, you must show tuition fees and living costs in your personal bank account or your parent’s personal bank account (with your original birth certificate and parent's letter of consent) or from an official financial sponsor. This includes holidays spent outside the UK in excess of 3 months.

listed in the ‘Evidence used to obtain offer’ section of your CAS. This could be your Transcript or Notification of Results (NOR) which are available from your School Administrator.

If applicable, you must also provide:

Extra documents if you are 16 or 17 years old. Speak to a Student Immigration Adviser

 If you have dependants you must provide:

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE  if your spouse is applying as your dependant
PROOF OF ADDRESS evidence you and your dependant are living together
your children’s BIRTH CERTIFICATES  if they are applying as your dependants.


  • Check if your English language qualification is still valid. If you were accepted to the University with an IELTS or a Pearson's English language test, it will only be valid for 2 years. 
  • You will find a complete checklist of documents you need to provide on the Home Office website. The documents needed can vary according to a student's personal circumstances and further documentation may be required – always check with a Student Immigration Adviser before you submit your application to the Home Office.
  • All documents must be scanned originals and any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by an official translation.

Contact Us

Student Immigration Team (Advice)

Student Immigration Team (Advice & Compliance)

Today - Closed
Wednesday at DeHav Hub
Ask Herts (Hutton Hub), College Lane