- COMING UP:
- Ramadan: The Key will be open until 11.30 pm during Ramadan.
- There are temporary prayer spaces for all UH members in the LRCs from 27 March - 12 May: https://ask.herts.ac.uk/learning-resources-centres#Trial_multi_faith_prayer_space_in_LRC
- Both The Key, College Lane, and the Multi Faith Space on de Havilland are usually open from 8 am to 9 pm every day or individual prayer, reflection or meditation.
- The Chaplain - Fiona - is generally on College Lane Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and de Havilland on Weds.
- FRIDAY PRAYER - currently 12 - 2 pm The Key, College Lane, 12.30 - 2 pm V020 de Havilland
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Please see our usual weekly spiritual and social activities below
|Silent Rotunda 13:30 - 14:30||
Silent Rotunda 13:00 - 14:30
Silent Rotunda 13:00 -14:30
(or Mindful Meditation - see below)
|Silent Rotunda 12:00 - 14:30|
GO HERTS CHOIR
Not currently meeting:
12:15 - 13:15
12:30 - 13:00
The Rotunda, The Key, College Lane
A short Anglican service. All welcome.
PAUSE AND PRAY
13:15 - 13:30
online (email email@example.com)
WEDNESDAY WALK AND TALK
14:30 - 15:30
Multi Faith Space, de Havilland
Take a stroll in lovely coutnryside just off campus
Free refreshments after.
13:00 - 14:00
The Rotunda, The Key, CL
Open to all, no experience necessary!
14:00 - 15:30, The Key
Free refreshments and good company.
KEEP CALM AND CRAFT -
16:00 - 17:00, Multi Faith Space, de Havilland
Free craft materials and refreshments
KEEP CALM AND CRAFT
13:30 - 14:30, The Key, CL
Free craft materials and refreshments.
Silent Rotunda: The Rotunda in the Key is silent between the times stated for individual prayer or meditation. On Monday it is 12:00 - 14:30. Please respect others in the space.
To find out the latest information on The Key, College Lane or The Multi-Faith Space, de Havilland, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
University Chaplain, 07702 442 696 (Mon - Fri office hours)
Spiritual, Social, Pastoral
For UH students and staff of all faiths and none, we offer:
- Quiet spaces to pray, reflect or just relax
- Social activities: come with a friend or make some new ones!
- Information on spiritual needs and local places of worship
- An inclusive welcome
- Someone to talk to
The Chaplaincy team is here to encourage spiritual growth, exchange and wellbeing at the University. We have a number of volunteer Chaplains from different faiths. We welcome students and staff from all faiths and none.
Perhaps you just need someone to talk to? We’re here to help.
Email email@example.com for more information.
You can also find faith societies on campus through the SU https://hertfordshire.su/your-opportunities/societies/joinasociety/
Another source of help is https://studentspace.org.uk/
Overseas student in financial difficulties? See the information below:
The Chaplaincy hosts regular prayer and social activities. To find out more:
Join the Herts Virtual Community https://www.facebook.com/groups/herts.self.isolation
Follow @uhchaplain on Twitter or Instagram
Reverend Fiona Souter, University Chaplain
Mob. 07702 442 696 (Mon - Fri, office hours)
Twitter, Instagram @uhchaplain
The Chaplaincy is part of the Office of the Dean of Students.
(Please see above. If you have further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where can I worship?
For Friday Prayer please contact the HSU Islamic Society: email@example.com
Local Christian churches:
St John's Hatfield https://www.stjohnshatfield.org/
St Ethledreda with St Luke https://stetheldreda.org/
Oxlease Methodist Church https://www.midhertsmethodists.org.uk/oxleasechurch.htm
St Peter's Catholic Church https://parish.rcdow.org.uk/hatfieldsouth/
Evangelical Baptist Church https://www.hope4hatfield.org/Update/Home.html