Our Library and Computing Services teams are available to provide Herts students with the support needed for study success, whether that's finding resources, getting connected to the Wi-Fi, developing study skills, or accessing software.
We have online help and resources available which can be accessed anytime anywhere, as well as online chat and appointments, and friendly helpdesk advisors available on the phones.
At the start of term, look out for our Wi-Fi Warriors to help you get set up with campus Wi-Fi or come and speak to a member of staff at one of our Learning Resources Centre (LRC) welcome desks.
We know it can feel a little confusing and overwhelming at the start of term. If you simply don’t know where to start, please ask. We are here to help with all your library and computing queries.
- Covering a wide range of topics, information, and guidance.
- Available from your web browser or the Herts Mobile app
- Visit getconnected.herts.ac.uk/ to install eduroam (recommended Wi-Fi service) on the device you want to connect
- Find one of our Wi-Fi Warriors on campus who will be able to provide additional assistance if needed
- 24/7 phone help. Telephone +44 (0)1707 284678
- Online and email help Monday to Friday during core hours. Email: email@example.com
- Most queries can be resolved remotely
- You can retrieve your username, and reset your password online at: https://pss.herts.ac.uk
- Create your own Library and Computing support ticket at: https://helpdesk.herts.ac.uk/login
- We also offer face-to-face appointments for device-specific support if required.
- Check for known services issues at: https://www.status.herts.ac.uk/
- Helping you find, use and reference information for your academic success
- Go to go.herts.ac.uk/libraryskillup. Click ‘+Join this module’ to take advantage of the quizzes and reinforce your learning.
- Online chat from 10 am to 4 pm on weekdays to help with questions you might have
- Make an appointment for 1-to-1 support with a member of the Library Team
- UH Library YouTube playlist
LRC Welcome desk
Available at College Lane LRC and de Havilland LRC. For more information about getting help whilst studying in the LRCs see: ask.herts.ac.uk/getting-help-and-support-in-the-learning-resources-centres
Other types of query - search for answers on a wide range of non Library and Computing support areas on AskHerts.
- For queries relating to admissions, registration, ID cards, finance, accommodation, visas, and much more, please contact our colleagues in Student Information Services. Find their details on ask.herts.ac.uk/ask-herts-your-questions-answered-online-on-campus
- For start of term updates go to herts.ac.uk
- Get started with your studies, assessments, and online teaching sessions: Go to the help menu in your StudyNet module site, located at the bottom of the left-hand side of the black menu