1. Apply for funding
Remember that if you receive funding through the Student Loans Company then you will need to reapply each year.
2. Re-register on your course
Follow these steps to re-register and confirm you intention to return to the University.
3. Prepare to live off campus
Living off-campus is different to living in University managed accommodation - there is a lot more to look after yourself. Remember the University is still here to offer advice and support, check out our guide to off-campus accommodation.
4. Apply for council tax exemption
When you move into a privately managed property you will be expected to pay council tax - however if you are a full-time student you can apply for exemption.
5. Check your timetable
We will contact you when your timetable is available.
Further timetable help and information is available on AskHerts
You can access your timetable via StudyNet.
6. Consider a mentor
- Think that you could be better organised?
- Know that you are capable of achieving better grades?
- Want a little bit extra help or support?
7. Think about your employability
Our Careers and Employment service can assist you through all your career decisions from working out what you want to do, to securing your job or finding your next course.