Letters cannot be requested until you are fully registered as a student- this means you have completed registration i.e. completed your online (stage 1) and uploaded your documents or attended in person (stage 2) booking and the University has registered you.
You will know this as you will appear as "Registered" on your student record home pages. If fully registered, you can obtain a student status letter up to 40 days prior to the start date of your course.
If you have just completed your registration, please wait at least 24 hours before requesting your letter. Student letters only confirm the study dates for the current academic year - you therefore are required to request a new letter each academic year.
|Why you might need this letter|
*It isn't always a requirement to have a student status letter to open a bank account, most students can open an account with their UCAS letter and UCAS ID number.
Further information can be viewed on the UCAS Opening a UK bank account video.
*If you are an international studentyou may require a letter from the University but should checkwith the bank/building society first.
UKCISA offers some information on the types of account that are available to International Students using traditional high street banks, but you may also want to consider an online bank as an alternative.
|Council Tax Exemption Certificate||
Some students are exempt from paying council tax - find out if you are eligible for exemption and how to apply.
|To support visa applications for guests to attend graduation||
Please visit Letter to support a UK Visa application for a Graduation Ceremony | Graduation (herts.ac.uk)
How to request your letter
- Ensure your details (including your addresses) are correct on your student record. (The letter will replicate this information)
- Request your student letter
- You will be prompted to log in to your UH student account and authenticate
- Click submit
- Your letter will be sent to your personal email address (the email address on your student record). This should arrive within 15 minutes of making the request
- Check your junk folder, just in case it has arrived there.
- Not received your letter? The main cause of this is because your student status hasn't fully updated to "registered" as yet. You can normally get your letter 24 hours after fully completing stage 2 registration. But please be patient as systems update periodically. You'll only be able to obtain a letter once you are fully registered as a new or returning student and will not be able to access a letter in the period between academic years, including summer vacation times.
Research students (registered on PhD programmes)
If you are a research student, please request your student status letter by e-mailing the Doctoral College: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we are unable to support students that study at Hertfordshire International College (HIC); please visit the HIC Office on the College Lane Campus, or contact the team via telephone 01707 285590 or email College.ServicesHIC@hic.navitas.com
Students registered with any other associated institutions (e.g. colleges, Pen Green, overseas institutions)
Please contact your institution directly to request confirmation of your study
Confirmation of Term and Semester Dates
You can download and print a generic letter that states the 2022-23 term/semester dates letter here.