The Office of the Dean of Students has a wide range of responsibilities including:
Based in a purpose–built, multi-faith and multi-cultural centre. Both students and staff are welcome to take time out for the spiritual side of life.
|Community Partnership Office||Improves and impacts on community-based engagement and interaction with the local community.|
Our Student Procedures team support the investigation and administration of complaints and appeals. They also organise Student Academic Misconduct Panels and Student Disciplinary Panels and manage the correspondence and documentation associated with this process.
|Student Support & Welfare teams||
The Student Support team is made up of our Resident Life (on campus) and Community Officers (off campus), who are responsible for the welfare, pastoral care and discipline of all students. For off campus support please see also Community Liason & Support Officer.
|Student Wellbeing||A range of professional, specialist services to support you with counselling, mental health, disability and health related issues.|
|Medical Centre||On the College Lane campus, specifically developed to meet the needs of students living on campus or in the local area.|
|University Day Nursery||On the College Lane Campus, provides childcare facilities for use by both students and staff.|
Further information can be found on the UH main website.
Please see below for some external resources which you may find helpful:
- Student Minds is a UK student mental health charity. They have created an interactive guide to help students to successfully transition into university; it includes information about time management, relationships, identity, finances, sexual activity, mental illness, suicide, addictions, where to get help and more
- Citizens Advice is an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice to assist people with legal, debt, consumer, housing and other problems in the United Kingdom.
- Information from the government website for funding education for 16-19 year olds.
- For schools, colleges, local authorities and independent learning providers.
- NUS website - the National Union of Students represents students to ensure you feel listened to, supported and empowered. Over 600 Student Unions are part of NUS.
- Also provides a wonderful student discount card, which you can sign up to here.
- Samaritans - a 24-hour confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis or experiencing suicidal thoughts.
- Contact the Samaritans here.